The Young Elite Series

2:55 AM

Hello and greetings to all of the book lovers out there!






As the title post stated, this post will be a review on Marie Lu's The Young Elite series. Marie Lu happens to be my fav authors since I first read her Legend trilogy. She got this fresh ideas which I find it quite unique and interesting to follow up her stories. I remember finishing her Legend series in less than a week. It is fast paced and she gets to her point straight away. 




So, in honour to express my love and thoughts for the Young Elite series, I will start off with the book #1, the Young Elite's review. 

The story revolved around a girl named Adelina Amouteru is one of the many that are infected by the blood fever that left a marking on her left eyes, the doctor had to take her eyes to stop her from fatalities. (In fact, every kids infected by the blood fever got their markings, the adults died from the fever). Thus, the people regarded the infected kids as malfettos -- malfunction or something, and a threat, demon. Any sight of the malfettos, will be captured by the Inquisitors Axis (the government, the peacekeeper like) and they'll be sentenced to death. 

The malfettos are not killed for no reason, they're said to have special powers that could destroy - or worse, kill. Afraid of the catastrophic, an order has been sent out to kill the malfettos. 






Adelina led her sister, Violetta, Magnio and Sergio as a new elite group, the Rose Society to rule down the Kennetra's Queen Guilleta. (I won't spoil the books so read them!)



I find both books are unique and the protaganist is somewhat dark as she turns out to be the bad guy. Adelina is a real bad ass, and she's really dark. I couldn't find happiness and I was intrigued to find out more. She couldn't contain herself as the hallucination and the darkness engulfed in to her life - she couldn't tell whether or not she's in the reality. 

There's a little bit of romance which I think is necessary to make the story more liveable. The love story between Enzo and Adelina, and when Adelina met Magnio (which I think he's super cute), the obsession of Teren towards the Queen. 

The book is a bad ass, and it's a must read book. The final book will be out this year, I couldn't wait!


Till the next post! 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts